Monday, November 30, 2009

The Pretty, Shiny (and addictive) Bead Aisle

So...I've been thinking a lot recently about wanting some type of hobby that I enjoy that could be a creative outlet for me. I've thought of all kinds of different things that I could do for fun, but for now, I've landed on Beading.

Over Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law (the artistic, creative one in the family) showed me some of her creations as she has been making jewelry and other fun artsy things. Then, on a whim, we decided to go to Michaels one night. This really sparked my interest...there were multiple aisles of pretty, shiny beads. What's a girl to do but decide to buy some of those pretty, shiny beads and create something.

We stayed in Michaels until 10pm when they closed. That was Friday night. I am embarrassed to admit that I have been back in Michaels every day since. I keep trying to convince myself that it's just to get started and that because I am new to this, I keep figuring out new tools, beads, findings, etc. that I'll need. But, reality is my friend and the truth is - I am becoming a bit addicted. Is it possible to become addicted to something in only 4 short days?

So...for those of you who know me, please feel free next time you see me to ask me how much time I have spent in the pretty, shiny bead aisle in Michaels. I'm beginning to think I'm going to need a little accountability in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment