Monday, January 25, 2010

AC Moore v. Michaels

So, I recently discovered the bead isle at AC Moore. Trouble. But wait...first, I must tell you that Michaels has upped the temptation on their coupons... instead of the 40% off that they used to give with each receipt and in each newspaper ad, they've now started handing out 60% off coupons. And I'd like to just say to the marketing people for Michaels...it works. Nice job. It draws me back and I spend more than I intended.

So, as I said...I've been spending some time at AC Moore. Here is what I've found...Michaels has a much larger selection of beads than AC Moore (Michaels has several isles of beads), but AC Moore seems to have more unique beads - which is super fun. Michaels has better customer service and a much quicker check out process, but AC Moore does have those super cute unique beads. So, I've decided I'll just have to continue to frequent both places. Oh...and they both take competitors coupons...so 60% off at AC Moore too!!

I think these beads from AC Moore are so cool...







The necklace below was made with beads from Michaels...and I tried a new technique making a double strand necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment